Walking Tour

Sunday, September 28, 2014


Week 1: Finding an observation location & destination


Journal Entry Number 1: 
Initial observations and about my observation destination.


Located: Ravenna Park, Seattle WA
Destination: Undefined, except for the fact that this area of nature is to be the area I revisit for the next 10 weeks to observe and take notes on.

My quest for my final destination included slipping, climbing and ducking through the park on this semi-wet day of Sunday September 28.  All to find an area that I found visually pleasing, someplace devoid of park benches and trail signs, and ultimately a place where it seemed untouched by humans. 

Date and Details: Sunday at about 2 in the afternoon, temperature in the mid 60s with a slight breeze. Not much blue sky, but good lighting. Ground and surrounding trees were somewhat damp.

My Central Spot: I can describe the central spot in my observatory in Ravenna, as peaceful. 
I can hear: birds and the stream
I can smell: the earth and the wind
I can feel: the rain and the air 
I can see: my natural surroundings 
And while I did not taste anything on my trek today, maybe that observation will be in a future week’s journal entry. 

Below are some pictures of the area, and surrounding trees and plants








I am excited to have found this spot to revisit for the next few weeks, and I am very looking forward to see it go through changes throughout the fall and winter seasons, as well as seeing what some of the other changes that occur. 

Cassie Maylor


No comments:

Post a Comment